Sunday 1 August 2010

Take me back to the rainy city


Manchester was a wonderful place for deals and sales last week and so I have to give it a second reference. But I'll focus on the bar that is 57 Thomas Street.

The bunch at the Marble Arch have some great boozers in Manchester. There is the Knott off Deansgate and the Marble Arch up Rochdale Road. But now they have a central - in the Northern Quarter - hostelry called 57 Thomas Street. There is a simple food menu - plates of cheeses and salamis / meats which you can eat sat around the central (and I think only) table.

They have around 3/4 beers in barrels sat on the bar - and I understand they don't sell fizzy pop. And in a city centre pub we had a pint and a half of beer for the magnificent three pounds sixty pence.

No comments:

Post a Comment