Sunday 6 February 2011

Cummins closer to coffee nirvana


i took Friday off work in part to head down to Avalanche records on Edinburgh's Grassmarket to see Kevin Cummins and get a copy of his book of Joy Division photographs. He was a very engaging chap and signed a copy for me (see above) at the princely sum of £15.

I was aware that Avalanche - as well as selling CDs etc - has begun a little sideline in coffee. So while waiting for my book to be signed I decided to have a latte. The coffee was excellent, strong yet subtle - and because of the event there was a wonderful free chocolate cake - mmm. The woman preparing the coffee advised me that the coffee comes from Artisan roast on Broughton Street - I have posted about them before as they sell excellent coffee.

The coffee came in at £2 - the only improvement would have been somewhere to sit and hopefully that will be put in place soon.

Oh, and it's a record shop as well - I bought CDs by Edwyn Collins and The Social Services - not bad for £9.

No comments:

Post a Comment