Sunday 17 April 2011

Mr Mojo returning

Apologies dear reader - yes, I am aware that someone reads this - as I have not posted recently.

I was having moments of self doubt as I was concerned that my value mojo was on the wane. This wasn't helped by two things - a purchase of tickets to see Morrissey in Dunfermline and a trip to a shop in Record Store Day - they may have been exclusive discs - but they weren't aimed at a value conscious market.

So now I am trying to get back on the wagon - which isn't easy to do. Though a trip to my local Tescos was a help.

Brewdog - Beer for Punks - has opened up a bar on the Cowgate in Edinburgh. It has a post-industrial / Centre Pompidou feel about it. Now, Brewdog isn't really session beer - the flavours are too gig - but that they have an excellent range of other beers such as Sierra Nevada's Anchor Steam - and what has this to do with Tesco.??

Well at 4 for a fiver, they are offering three of the Brewdog beers but also an excellent selection of other Scottish beer - brewed by the Williams Bros in Alloa and Harviestoun's Bitter and Twisted.

So on the wagon in one sense - but not the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment