Sunday 2 May 2010

The captain to the wafer shaped rescue

It has been suggested that Captain Value should have a superpower. Hmm - not really a leaping tall buildings, traveling faster than a speeding bullet type of guy - but this week I was thinking about the topic. One of my colleagues has already drawn me a Captain Value suit and passed over for consideration. Not enough sequins.

I was passing through Portobello (Edinburgh's beach) with a chum of mine and we passed by Hamilton's on Bath Street. it's a small shop situated next to the public lavvie - delightful. But it's what's inside that is the delight - as well as the toys and usual cans of juice, are bottles and bottles of boilings - and the piece of resistance at the moment - 10 Tunnock's Caramel Wafers (though seconds and not in wrappers) - for one of your Scottish pounds. Result!! There are other delights as well - I got four Toblerones for the same price.

But going back to the original point of the post - my chum asked how did I find these places? Well it's not much of a superpower - in fact it's not much of a power at all - but keeping an eye out for places like Hamilton's is the best I can do. To the sweet shop, and beyond!!

No comments:

Post a Comment