Sunday 13 June 2010

What difference does it Flake


I am sure many of you remember the Mike Leigh play - Abigail's Party. We went to see it at our local Theatre a while ago. The day before we saw it the actor who played Laurence actually did fall ill during the climactic heart attack scene and it sounds like they did have to ask if there was a doctor in the house!!!

Before the play we had a themed tea - culminating in a version of the classic 99 - Musselburgh made di Rollos vanilla ice cream, homemade strawberry sauce and a Cadbury's Flake - mmmmm.

This started a little research project as it seemed to me that when I made this particular dessert (which I have done since) - irrespective of the number of Flakes available - couples would share the Flake but single chums would take the whole bar, pulverise it into flakey chocolate dust and pour over their ice cream. Dear reader - more research is needed on this topic.

Anyhow - the reason I raise this now is that I always think Flakes are a treat due to their relatively high price - but the Co-Op on Leith Walk - and maybe others, are selling multipacks of four for a pound at the moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment