Monday 18 October 2010

Chutney Mayhem

One of my colleagues very kindly gave me some of the chillies she had grown out in East Lothian.

I love coriander - so thought I'd make some Coriander Chutney. In supermarkets, you tend to take a few teaspoons of leaves for a quid. Not VFM. So last week I went to the Asian Supermarket at Jock's Lodge in Edinburgh. I use this place regularly for spices, pickles etc - and they sell some of my favourite yogurt. Woohoo - big bunch for 50p. So picked up two - and the chap said nope - FIVE bunches for a pound.

We are living in a forest of coriander.

So mixing the coriander, chillies, mango plus lemon juice, salt and sugar - we have some monster chutney - my mouth (and eyes) are watering just at the thought of it. Going to have it with some kheema, nan and lots of lassi to keep the heat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment