Tuesday 28 December 2010

....and it's so lonely on a limb.

You may have spotted that a number of the titles of these posts have a reference to songs by The Smiths.

I am of an age when I got to see The Smiths live - both at the Hacienda in Manchester around 1983 and also later in Paris in 1984 I enjoyed these gigs immensely - those were the days when I was out at live music events ever week. I know that there was also a feeling from distractors that they were po-faced Mancs but who can't have smiled at the lines - I was looking for a job, and found a job, but Heaven knows I'm miserable now - and also have felt exactly that emotion.

I have slightly fallen out of love with the music of Mozza - though I think the intro and outro to his mid 90s album Vauxhall and I are difficult to beat. I suppose it says it all that my favourite album of his is nearly 17 years old.

I am always interested in hearing new things from the Smiths and a couple of sites have offered new songs / demos and remixes.

The following site offers an album of demos and instrumentals from the whole of The Smiths career

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=112376

This site has followed up its excellent work on the Joy Division Factory singles with a run through of The Smiths singles - though it is still on in the run through

http://smithsrecycle.blogspot.com/

Listen and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment