Sunday 1 May 2011

You know - I think I should get out more

I was round at my mums the other day and while she was chomping on a kitkat, I noticed that there were 233 calories in the 4-finger variety. This isn't world shattering news I grant you - but I had used the 2-finger version as my calorie offsetting benchmark - and that is only 107 calories - so where did the other 19 come from in the 4-finger version???

There is a VFM reason for this - honest!!

It seems that two of the 2-finger variety are smaller than one of the 4-finger type - and to complicate matters they are both smaller than the chunky version.....jings!!!

With multipacks generally coming in at the same price - you are getting more bangs for your kitkat buck with the chunky one.

So - when there is a choice of kitkat multipacks - the chunky one is the choice for the value conscious.

1 comment:

  1. I had always assumed that the higher calorie count of the four-finger variety was down to the extra chocolate required to glue the additional two fingers on - not very scientific, but it's a good demonstration of Occam's Razor (maybe...).

    ReplyDelete